Monday, November 13, 2006

Weaver and Cardinals negotiating


I was in the Royal Room at the Staples Center tonight before the Lakers-Grizzlies game and ran into St. Louis Cardinals World Series hero Jeff Weaver downing a Rolling Rock near the bar.

I spoke to Jeff for a bit about the World Series win and his crazy 2006 season that ended with him being the winning pitcher of the clinching game of the Series. I chose a great night to wear my St. Louis Cardinals hat.

I asked Jeff if he planned to be back with the Cards and he said 'we are working on it.'

He went on to say it was 'very exciting' to be a part of the 2006 Cardinals team.

Cardinals pitching coach Dave Duncan did a great job with Weaver as he does with many pitchers with great stuff.

My prediction is that Jeff will sign a 2-3 year contract with the Cardinals for around $18-20 million dollars in the next couple of months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home